Saturday 15 February 2014

You Create your own opportunities

Helloooo there fellow crafters.

Welcome to another happy crafternoon. Getting crafty seems to be the perfect way to spend the days given just how awful the weather is. My poor neighbour had a new wall put up last summer, such a nice new wall is now laying across the road. She must be very upset. However, my heart goes out to all those people whose homes and businesses have been destroyed by flooding. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Its at times like this you realise just how lucky you are - and maybe a blown down wall isnt so bad after all.

Well I have been watching create and craft and mothers day keeps being brought up so I have decided to get ahead of myself and make some cards :-) A few of my friends have also requested a couple of cards from me which is really exciting. Here are a couple that I have made so far,

 The above is one that I am planning to give one of my friends. This card is made from good old Hunkydory cardstock. I did the mat and layering myself though. I need to get a set of those perfect layers which makes mat andlayering much more easier.










 

This is one that I plan to give to my own mum :-) I am however, waiting for some new tattered lace dies to arrive...I will be putting one of those in the centre. My mum like horses so I may go with that. I treated myself to both the rocking horse and the horse and carriage dies. Spent a fortune but I see them as a lifetime purchase. Plus they are sooooo beautiful. Its the tattered lace magazine which is to blame. They have a ticklist at the begiining asking you to tick which dies you have. I LOVE LISTS, which makes me want to buy the dies just so I can tick them off the list!!! Why did I choose such an expensive hobby lol.

A couple of my friends have been moving into new homes, so I had to create a couple more cards for them.

The majority of this card has been made by both spellbinder and tattered lace dies - you can see how delicate they look. The butterfly is an EK success punch.
 
This card has been made with the lovely Hunkydory cardstock. Hunkdory is the perfect place to go, if you have been thinking about starting to make your own cards. They do some perfect starter kits with everything you need. Obviously make sure you have you own glue scissors etc.
 
see - http://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk/ for more details
 
I have been watching Supernatural from the beginning and have just started season 8. Thus, today I will be crafting whilst watching that and create and craft. I plan to make some embellishments today such as flowers, butterflies and 3D stars. I also have a new EK Success heart punch. Obviously I will be making some more cards to. STAY TUNED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment