Saturday 8 March 2014

I Craft So Hard I Sweat Glitter!!!



Good Morning Fellow Crafters - ITS THE WEEKEND!!!!

So I wanted to show you some of my latest creations, I hope you like them.....would love to know what you all think, good, bad, neutral - Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I am still learning.

 
Well lets begin with the Mother's Day card that I made for my own Mummy. I am very proud of this card because it appears to have received alot of attention. For instance, the lovely Stephanie Weightman herself shared my card on her facebook page. Stephanie designs tattered lace dies, which I currenlty have an obsession with (as you can see from the card), she is soooo talented and a great crafter, so it was a huge surprise to see that she had shared this card. Furthermore, a friend of mine from work saw this card and asked me to make another one for her - Yay!!! a second customer other than my mum :-) The one thing I would change about this card looking at it now is that I would have done a bit more mat and layering - maybe some black mirror card between the matt black and the red mirror? However, I love the two colour theme that this card has going on and I may try this a bit more.

Next I here you say......
This is the Mother's Day card my mum has bought for her mum - I can always rely on my mum to buy my cards because I make her :-) I have just realised that this to has a two coloure theme going on. Plus, a whole lot of tattered lace. It appears that I have a crafting style :-) The picture in the middle is actually a stamped image which I have coloured in with Spectrum Noirs. I have to admit stamping is one technique that has took me AGES to learn. Especially, when you want to emboss the stamped image with embossing powder. I know now that to do all of this successfully, you need the right equipment. For example, you will need an anti static bag, versermark ink, embossing powder, a proper heating element (not a hair dryer) and good quality card stock. Also, I find that the best results come from heating the image from behind not from the front. People that have tried this technique before will know what I am going on about. I will post some example of my embossing soon :-) I may even to a step by step guide if people want me to???

I am also enjoying using my spectrum noirs, but I am still learning how to use these...Any advise???

And another I here you say....


Same kind of theme going on. However, this time I have used some Hunkydory Toppers. Nobody has bought this card yet, but mum has a friend round tonight so maybe just maybe :-) I will supply her with wine lol.


Bit of a different one here - This is the card that I have made for Evie Bears Christening. Isnt she just beautiful. There is a clock in the top right hand corner, which I have now put her time of birth in.



Finally, I would like to show you a couple more of my stamped images that I have coloured in with spectrum noirs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment