Wednesday 28 May 2014

Moving House and Thankyou Cards

Good afternoon crafters, I hope you are all feeling well. As you are aware I am going to be moving house soon! I have now exchanged contracts, agreed a completion date and lost all my money!!!!! However, I am so excited about finally having a home of my own.

There have been so many people that have helped me get to where I am in the house buying process right now. For instance, my mums friend Jackie has given me the most beautiful coffee machine, curtains and a table cloth, the above card you see is for her. I got the idea from one of my tattered lace magazines. I have created a kind of patchwork background by using the tattered lace papers you get with the magazine. I think they are approximately 4cm by 4cm each. I have them mat, layered and embossed a square for the embellishments. To add a little extra luxury I have heat embossed clear embossing powder to make the square look glossy, this will also seal the material. I have finished by adding a few embellishments that I bought from Coleman's.

The above card is going to be for my mortgage advisor, Mr Tom James from Quordorn Mortgages. He was unbelievably helpful and responded to everyone of my anxious emails. I'm not sure I could have secured my mortgage without him. I advise everyone to seek the support of a mortgage advisor when attempting to secure a mortgage, I would not want to fill in a mortgage application in my myself :-(

The above card follows the same style as the previous. However this one is bigger, uses a different colour scheme and is hopefully a little more male friendly. I apologise to all you men out there but you are much more difficult to make cards for. To this card I have also added the new cabin tattered lace die and some ribbon. I hope you like it.

This card is a little different - It is very tattered lace orientated as you can see. I have used the rose flourish die, which comes free with one of the tattered lace magazines. I have also used the new camper van die. This die always makes me think of Sarah Bell who once told me should would love to go travelling in a 1970's camper vans. I am loving the new days out die collection by tattered lace, especially the fair ground dies - I will show you them soon I promise. Finally I have also used the Kensington die .

I ATTEMPTED to tell a little story with this card the camper van has actually been placed upon a map of the world and the sunset paper is supposed to symbolise travelling and going off into the sunset.

I will probably give this card to Jake because he has said he will help me move house - PLEASE HELP ME MOVE HOUSE!!!!!! Maybe I should make a card saying this to.

Here a Tatty Twinkle card which I made for Nikki Rainbow our manager at Integrated Care who is abandoning us :-(

I really like this card - Its so simple! I made it with Luke O'Neil in mind because he gives really good cuddles. I think this makes quite a could mans card. I did your everyday mat and layering (crafters will know what I mean by this). I used the tattered lace champagne bottle die, also free with one of their magazines. The words were given to me as a freebie from create and craft for being a member of their club.

Stay tuned for more Thank you cards because I have a lot of people to thank. I have started providing envelopes, inserts with the cards that I sell and I have also started providing them in professional plastic wallets so that they look more professional. All I need now is a stamp to say that they were made by me :-)

If anyone has any crafty questions, suggestions or artistic ideas please let me know.

Have a happy crafternoon xxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. I still want to travel in a camper van x

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Would you like me to send you some blank camper van dies? I'm afraid that's the best I can do xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Weirdly enough I also have a fairy die that makes me think of you because when you chop her wings off she looks like a ballerina - and if I remember correctly you wanted to be a ballerina when you were younger :-) x x xx x x x

    ReplyDelete