Saturday 12 July 2014

Crafty Apologies

 
 
Good morning fellow crafters, crafty apologies for the lack of posts and pictures. I have been super busy with the house move. However, I am all settled in now and things can get back to a little bit of normality (e.g. crafting). I will post some pictures of the house shortly because I am dying to show off my craft room. Its not finished yet, because I am going to have some fun decorating it. It can be the space where I go a little wild so to speak.
 
Given the stress of moving, I only had the time to make cards that had been specifically requested from me or cards that I needed to make myself.
 
 This is the card I made for my dad on Fathers Day. I used Tattered Lace (shock horror) Kensington and Bottle Die, I think its their word dies to. The embellishments I had in my own crafty stash. Although I have been crafting for a good year now, I am beginning to learn the true importance of matt a layering. Cards do not tend to look very good without it. Plus, I think you have to be careful with what colours you are matt and layering to, as this is going to change the focus of the card.
 I made this card for my cousins father for father days. As you can see not have I only matt and layered around the card, I have mat and layered around the letters which I feel adds a little something extra. From what I am aware, Orange and Blue are really hot colours in the crafting world at the moment. I am also quite liking pink and green.
This is a little special and I am very happy with how this turned out. My friend - Amy, requested a card for her nan. I have never made a card like this and I love it.

Recently, I feel that I have hit a crafty block. My cards feel like they are all coming out a bit samey. Have you ever had this? I have been getting a lot of inspiration from other peoples cards, which I have found online and also I have been doing some of the projects in the tattered lace magazines. Since doing this, I have been trying to pick up new techniques, my cards have been taking longer, they do not always work out but I feel like I'm getting there.

Given the inspiration I am getting from others. I am thinking of dedicating a weekly or monthly post to pictures of cards made by others that have really grabbed my attention. I feel that people should get credit for the beautiful cards that they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment